To encourage children to participate in Tulsa City-County Library's summer reading program, Councilor Vanessa Hall-Harper challenge children to increase summer reading program participation by 5 percent or more over last year. If young readers in District 1 meet the challenge at Rudisill Regional and Suburban Acres Libraries, they will earn an end-of-summer party with hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and drinks. And, for dessert, Councilor Hall-Harper will get a pie to the face all in good fun!
The summer reading program is a fun way to keep students reading throughout the summer to help retain and improve their reading skills. By visiting the library four times and reading eight books, children will earn a medal of achievement and a coupon booklet for free food and entertainment. By reading 12 more books for a total of 20, children will earn a bonus prize.
Food and entertainment coupons include:
- Admission to Oklahoma Aquarium
- Admission to Tulsa Zoo
- Admission to Tulsa Air and Space Museum
- Admission to Tulsa Drillers game
- Admission to Tulsa State Fair
- Admission to Discovery Lab
- Admission to Tulsa Roughnecks FC game
- Cinnamon sticks from Mazzio's Italian Eatery
- Round-trip bus ride on Tulsa Transit
- Frozen custard scoop from Freckles Frozen Custard
- Original glazed doughnut from Krispy Kreme
- Decorated cookie from Merritt's Bakery
- Garlic Knots from Papa John's
- Cake pop from Central Library Starbucks
Children completing the program are entered in an end-of-summer drawing for these great prizes:
- (8) Bicycle with helmet, provided by the Friends of the Helmerich Library, with special assistance from Phat Tire Bike Shop.
- Hornsby Birthday Party Experience courtesy of the Tulsa Drillers
- Tulsa Roughnecks FC voucher for 2017 Family Stand tickets (10 included) to any regular season home game, provided by the Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Season tickets for a family of four to the Imagination Series, provided by the Tulsa Performing arts Center Trust
- (6) Fishing with News on 6 meteorologist Dick Faurot, plus fishing gear, with special assistance from Five Oaks Lodge
- Family membership to the Oklahoma Aquarium
- Aviator (Family) membership to the Tulsa Air and Space Museum
- (10) Small one-topping pizza, provided by Papa John's
- (25 pairs) Tulsa State Fair Mega Ride Pass wristband. The ride wristband includes unlimited rides for all 11 days of the 2017 Tulsa State Fair, Sept. 28-Oct. 8, as well as gate admission. All midway rides are included; excludes extreme rides.
- (100) Zax Kidz Meal, provided by Zaxby's
- Set of four tickets to OKC Thunder preseason game vs. the Houston Rockets at the BOK Center on Oct. 3
- Nike backpack, provided by Chris Harris Jr. Foundation
- $75 Chick-fil-A gift card, provided by Chris Harris Jr. Foundation.
For a complete list of summer reading program prizes, programs and details visit www.TulsaLibrary.org/summer or call the AskUs Hotline, 918-549-7323.